Affordable Quality Dentures Give You a Reason to Smile
Losing your teeth can have a huge impact on your health and self-esteem. Without your natural teeth, you may have difficulty speaking and eating properly. The absence of teeth can also cause facial muscles to sag and make you look older than your years. Fortunately, dentures can solve your problems. They let you eat foods again without embarrassment, fill out your facial contours, and give you a beautiful, natural-looking smile. After an initial evaluation, your dentist in Columbia can explain your options, and recommend the best treatment plan and most affordable quality dentures.
Adjusting to Dentures
Your new dentures may feel strange for the first few weeks. Minor soreness or irritation is common, and you may experience mild difficulty eating and speaking while your oral muscles learn to adapt. As you adjust, these problems will go away. Be sure to keep your follow-up appointments, so your dentist can make any needed adjustments or address any problems.
Kinds of Dentures
- Removable full dentures are fitted into your mouth after your remaining teeth are extracted, and your mouth has healed. It may take several months to complete the process.
- Immediate dentures are designed to be inserted the same day your teeth are removed, so you won’t have to go without teeth during the healing period. It may be necessary to reline or remake the dentures after healing is complete.
- To improve jaw stability, a few natural teeth are sometimes left in place and prepared for an appliance to fit over them; these appliances are known as overdentures. If no natural teeth remain, implants can serve as anchors for overdentures.
- Permanent dentures that cannot be removed may also be an option. An affordable dentist in Columbia can help you decide.
Taking Care of Dentures
- Rinse your dentures to remove debris before brushing. Brush your dentures as well as your gums, tongue and the roof of your mouth each morning to help stimulate blood flow and eliminate plaque.
- Store your dentures in water to prevent warping when they’re not in use.
- Carefully follow instructions on dental adhesive products.
- Visit your dentist regularly to ensure a consistent fit.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Columbia, call Dental One Associates of Columbia today at (410) 346-2350 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Columbia. With 12 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Columbia, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Columbia.